Who Can Volunteer?
Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age to work without parental supervision, and must enjoy working with all types of people. They must share the same mission and vision as Pug Partners of Nebraska. The ideal volunteer is self-motivated, mature, sensitive, dependable, a team player and reliable. Each volunteer must complete the application at the bottom of this page.
Volunteering for Pug Partners of Nebraska
As Pug Partners continues to grow and flourish the positions of officers, directors, and coordinators within the organization will continue to evolve. As PPN is a relatively new rescue, only founded in December 2008, we are still working to make the rescue run in the most productive and efficient manner possible.
Our volunteers are an integral part of making this happen. We feel the volunteer positions we have designed will help PPN to rescue as many pugs as possible while also keeping the rescue running productively and efficiently.
Our Volunteer Code of Ethics
- As a volunteer for Pug Partners of Nebraska, I will agree to represent and promote their mission and policies in full.
- As a volunteer for Pug Partners of Nebraska, I will recognize my limitations and those of others, set boundaries for myself and hold myself accountable for the commitments I undertake.
- As a volunteer for Pug Partners of Nebraska, I will treat my fellow volunteers with respect and compassion.
- As a volunteer for Pug Partners of Nebraska, I will communicate effectively with others within the organization and advise Officers and Directors of relevant information regarding my volunteer position.
- As a volunteer for Pug Partners of Nebraska, I will ensure that my personal pets are up-to-date on needed vaccinations and are in good health prior to attending any public events.